My Focus on the Rest of the Year

Written on wall in Mother Teresa's children's home in Calcutta:


People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

Comments

  1. This is really how I've been thinking lately. I've never seen this quote before, but really love how it sums it all up so nicely. Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, do I love this quote a lot. I think that must be how a lot of homeschoolers often feel. Alone. I especially feel this with my immediate family, unsupported. And we are a very happy family. Why can't people just be happy for you when you are happy? Would you mind if I re-posted this? I would love to share it.
    For some reason I can't leave my name, but I am Angie at
    Homegrownonsiskiwit.blogspot.com. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, the quote is Mother Teresa's. She displayed it on a wall in her Children's Home to be read and meditated on by all who came there and saw it. Feel free to share so that it will continue to bless others as it has blessed you. And thank you for writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter