Mass, Mary, Mothers Daybook


FOR TODAY... from Cay's Daybook ...two days in the making.

Outside my window...my brother-in-law's peaches are ripening. So is the garden...which reminds me, I've been meaning to do a post on our garden. And haven't. :-(  It's exciting to see it all budding and growing and fledging; but never as exciting as harvesting.

I am hearing...Last Night: The kids had friends over all weekend long...some are still here...one day these walls might be too silent...today I embrace the noise.

This morning: I sent Garrett ahead to co-op with Chelsea and her friends. I'm letting Annie get an extra hour of sleep after a busy weekend while I check my email (and FB) (and write my daybook); then we'll meet everyone at co-op. For now, I'm embracing the silence.

I am thinking...it's time to polish up on cultivating a kind, gentle tone of voice with my pre-teen and teenager in the same way I did when they were little.

I am thankful for...family.

I am wearing...Last Night: red top, blue jean capris

This morning: pink top, beige capris

I am remembering...the weekend, fondly.

This is my note to myself...get sunscreen to bring to waterpark...do not go to waterpark (even after 3) without sunscreen.

I am reading...The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur by Elisabeth Leseur (been planning a post about my personal connection with this diary but never seem to get around to it or have the needed inspiration)

I'm rereading My Heart Lies South by Elizabeth Borton De Trevino (another book that I have a personal connection to and planned to write a review...never seems to materialize). Each time I read this book I pick up more and more flavor and inspiration I wish to cull into every day life using my own culture and faith. Next week some friends and I are getting together to discuss plans for this summer. I plan to bring this book with me. It's a good reference for young Catholic girls growing into womanhood.

I plan to read Waiting for Eli by Chad Judice once Kayleigh is finished with it.

I am creating...rather, thinking, about creating a plan to use My Heart Lies South with some budding homemakers this summer.

I am hoping...to finish our school work this month. Gotta motivate these children. I believe they're hoping I'll cave before they will.

On my mind...how I use the media and the Internet in this home.

From the learning rooms...I am in planning mode for next year. Very briefly in pencil...

Garrett (11th grade): Algebra, Chemistry, ACT Prep, Christ & the Americas, Surprised by Truth, Redcoats and Rebels (still planning) and co-op classes

Chelsea (7th grade): Saxon 8/7, LOG & VIE, Seton Science 7 and Concepts and Challenges C, CHC Spelling, Old World and America, Map Skills G, The World, Bible History, Reading: Our Freedoms, Book of Fortitude, Heritage, Valor, Art Seton 7 and co-op classes

Annie (3rd grade): Abeka 3 Math, Bible Stories & Baltimore Cate., LOG and PLL, CHC Spelling and Explode the Code, Seton Art 3, Cursive Handwriting Seton, Thinking Skills C, Map Skills C, Our Father's World, How our Nation Began, Seton 3 History, Reading: Story Tree, Our Town, Our Valley, Spanish II and co-op classes

From the liturgical year calendar...May 25nd---May Crowning at my friend Karen's house.

My list this week...work on school books in hopes of finishing up by last Friday of May.

Pondering these words...Thursday and today's readings from my Magnificat

From the kitchen...Corey cooked lunch on Sunday for the whole family...Baked Duck stuffed with celery and apple slices in a creamy brown potato and carrot gravy served over rice. It was a treat for his girlfriend who finished her college semester with a 4.0 average. Go, Adrain!

Kayleigh and Annie topped the meal with fresh hot monkey bread. Yum! Hubby is cooking breakfast-supper tonight. That's his specialty.

A recipe: Kayleigh's Monkey Bread (the best)---

Ingredients:
2 cans biscuits
1/2 stick margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400 degreesF.
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small pot, melt margarine on low heat.
4. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Cook 1 minute. Take off heat.
5. On a cutting board, cut biscuits into 4 pieces each. Roll each piece in sugar mixture. (This was Annie's job)
6. Put biscuit pieces in a well-greased muffin pan. (Kayleigh likes using the muffin pan/ I prefer the bundt pan. Either way, make sure it's greased well) Place 4-6 pieces in each section.
7. Pour brown sugar and magarine over biscuits.
8. Place on cookie sheet before placing in oven to catch the overspill.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.
10. Serve hot and fluffy.

Around the house...Yesterday: Kayleigh cleaned house today. Heavenly!

Today: Kayleigh cleaned on a weekend when lots of friends were here. This morning the effects of this combination show. Heavenly!

One of my favorite things...new babies

I am praying...for several special intentions.

From my picture journal...Seminarian friend Matthew Cormier at his 2010 graduation from St. Joseph's Abbey in Covington, LA. Please pray for him as he continues his discernment and priestly studies at Notre Dame in New Orleans. Hopefully O'bama won't get invited to speak at his next graduation. lol

Comments