Awareness in the Cow Pasture

 Some might remember me mentioning our nature walks in the cow pasture back when my younger three were elementary age. That was when we moved from south country to north country.
We would pack a picnic lunch and a blanket and a good book and we'd go sit by that ditch creek pictured above and read and relax and pet the horses' noses when they shyly approached us.
Those were the days before digital cameras, smart phones that sported the convenience of recording memories immediately as they happened, and (though I began my first blogging experience in 2006) I didn't have the convenience of digital pictures to log. Everything had to be scanned from a printed pictures. Thus, no cow patty scenes.
My girls still wander out to the cow pasture with their friends.
When I see their pictures I often wonder that their bravery to face the cattle in the pasture.
But they also face something much larger than surly cattle.
They face the broadness, the flight, the immensity, the fierceness, the beauty, the brokenness, and the reality that is nature and truth.
Nature helps one make sense out of life.
Nature helps one meditate on the reality of who they are...
... and who God meant for them to be.



 
 
 


 
 
 {Photo Credits: Chelsea, Hannah, and Mackenzy}

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this very much Cay... They photography is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful photography and I enjoyed reading about the experiences they had in childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter