Why God Came as a Baby

 


 
"Thank you for coming as one like myself to save me from myself.
 
"You come as a baby because babies are irresistible and adorable.
You come as a baby because you want our first impression of God incarnate to be that of one who does not judge.
...
"May I never be attracted to the allurements and charms of the world.
May I love you always, at every moment, with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
May the tenderness, the dependency, and the mercy that you reveal in your infancy become the hallmarks of my life.
"Newborn Savior, the very silence of your Incarnation proclaims that the answer to the misery, the strife, and the meaninglessness we often experience in life cannot be found within us.
You alone are the Answer.
"As I kneel before you, eternal King, I surrender to you all my selfishness, self-absorption, self-indulgence, self-righteousness, self-assertion, and self-exaltation. Even as I adore you on this night of your birth, rid me of the nagging desire to be adored."
~ Fr. Peter John Cameron, O.P.

Comments