A Prayer for Courage to Pray

Some things have happened the past couple of weeks that reminds me that, even though there is much at stack this election, this election does not define our lives or how we live them.
Our lives and how we live them are what defines us.
Keep walking the good walk and living the good way.
There is not much else one can do.
Except pray...
My friend Cindy shared this St. Jude Novena on FB.
Our spiritual prayer group just finished a St. Jude Novena but it was different from this one. One of our prayer warriors passed out an election prayer at co-op yesterday but it was not this one.
This one...for me...sounds so right.
This one...for me...speaks to my heart.
This one...for me...speaks from my heart.
This one...for me...addresses everything I wish to address.
This one...for me...says it all.

Yours might be a little different...or a lot different...
I'm offering it here incase it also speaks to you as to what you would pray if you could only find the right words and haven't been able to do to...
* * * * *
I ask for the eyes to see others as sons and daughters of God. I ask for help in forming my conscience according to the Gospel so that I may both vote and act for the common good.

Give me the courage to stand up for the weakest members of society. The poor, the weak, the unborn. Give me the courage to re-examine my political loyalties and to be first a faithful follower of Jesus before I follow.

Remind me that my only true hope is in Jesus and that political power can never replace the the will of God and the mission of the Church.

For my own vote, help me to cast it in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. Help me to do it reverently and with a well formed conscience.

For these elections, Oh God, please bless us with the best leaders possible at all levels of government.

My vote is a small but important part of my Christian life. Help me to both vote and live by the Gospel putting my trust in Jesus alone.

St. Jude, Pray for us!

Comments

  1. Cay, I loved this: "even though there is much at stack this election, this election does not define our lives or how we live them.
    Our lives and how we live them are what defines us." As always, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter