Best Part of a Child's Education

A lovely quote from Rebecca's Garden that I want to tack onto this personal scrapblog and never lose sight of....

"Every child should have mud pies, grasshoppers, water-bugs, tadpoles, frogs, mud-turtles, ....


"elderberries, wild strawberries, acorns, chestnuts, trees to climb, ...



"brooks to wade in, water-lilies, woodchucks, ...



"bats, bees, butterflies, various animals to pet, ...


hay-fields, pine-cones, rocks to roll, sand, snakes, huckleberries and hornets; ...




 "and any child who has been deprived of these has been deprived of the best part of his education."
-Luther Burbank

Comments

  1. My childhood was not perfect. But these things I had (although with a Pacific Northwest flavor). These things drew my heart to God. These things anchored me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter