Kudos to Kayleigh

Here is another memory from this past week that I want to bottle up and keep here to remember.
 4 years ago our beautiful daughter graduated Summa Cum Laude with Honors from our local high school.

This past week she was inducted into the Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma Theta Tau) and will graduate this December with honors.
This is the little girl who went to college with a couple of scholarships and TOPS which is allowing her to graduate debt-free. {Can a parent be too proud?} :-)
We told her she needed to focus on her school and it was not practical to maintain a job at the same time. But I forgot which child I was talking to. This is the child who cleans house to de-stress. :-) She has worked these past four years while maintaining a high GPA and leaving a stellar impression on her professors, instructors, and nursing peers.


Wanted to let y'all know that there are still nurses coming out of college who you can entrust your life (and that of your family) to.
She thinks she might like to continue her education in a special nursing field but must work two years out of school first. Whatever she decides to do, we are already so proud of her, her focus, her dedication, her work ethic, her devotion to her family, and---most of all---her beautiful self and smile.
We are so, so, so proud of our baby girl. She's all grown up and engaged to be married next year. Please keep her in your prayers.

{thanks to Oma for taking pictures}
{Kayleigh is pictured here in clinicals on the far left}
 
{Hat Tip to her older brother who has let her live in his apartment rent-free while she gets her college education.}

Comments

  1. Congratulations to your beautiful Kayleigh. I just wanted to say how much I admire the young people who go into nursing. For the past two years while I have been battling mantle cell lymphoma I have been cared for by the most wonderful, special young women and men. I don't know what we would do without them! So thank Kayleigh for me. We need all the good nurses we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your impressive young lady, and many blessings for her future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a comment only minutes after you posted! I hate when words get lost!!! Anyway.....


    Congratulations! It is so wonderful to see your dear daughter "all grown up"! I have been keeping her in my prayers....and offering up my RN-related stress for her! ;)

    With love and friendship,

    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter