God's Love Letters & Signs

Have you ever felt God speaking to you through various mediums?

Yeah, me too.

I'm still randomly thinking about this and this.

Still more...

But it isn't me thinking. It's actually God sending love letters to me...through people I witness, words that are said, things that are done.

Today it was from my Magnificat...the parts within the passages which spoke to me concerning are in red bold.


February 13, 2011
Righteousness

The term that in the New Testament corresponds to the Old Testament concept of righteousness is faith ...For faith is walking with Christ, in whom the whole Law is fulfilled; it unites us with the righteousness of Christ himself. The people who are persecuted for righteousness' sake are those who live by God's righteousness --- by faith. Because man constantly strives for emancipation from God's will in order to follow himself alone, faith will always appear as a contradiction to the "world" --- to the ruling powers at any given time... The "I" of Jesus himself, fidelity to his person, becomes the criterion of righteousness and salvation... He himself is the reference point of the righteous life, its goal and center.
~ Pope Benedict XVI

February 14, 2011

Seeing God's Signs

Sometimes lovely things that are lost. Beautiful things God scatters everywhere. As Walt Whitman said, (in other words), that God is tossing down love letters in the street and everywhere, if only we would watch out for them. I think I have come to see that even the contradictions and the crosses of life are his "love letters."

I've begun to look for them [God's love letters] with a certain joy --- signs that tell me that Jesus is near. The unexpected delay, the negative response, the inopportune caller, the gimmick that won't work, the nice food that got overcooked, the lack of something needed, the ballpoint pen that smudges, the mistake one can't undo --- the list is endless. Not (I hope) that I concentrate on the unpleasant things but that they are little signs that I share in the life of Jesus.
~ Jessica Powers (a Carmelite nun)

Comments