Uncultivated Wildflowers

I just had to share these words from Evlogia:

"There are many weeds in my garden, I just choose to think of them as uncultivated wildflowers."

Aren't they beautiful words?

For me, the words above sum up how I view life, or, at least, try.
I went to lunch with my mother one afternoon and we babbled for over three hours about our Christian faith, our beliefs, our readings, our ideals, our observations.

We solved not only the world's problems but the Universal Church's as well.

It took us only three hours to solve everyone else's problems. There weren't enough hours in the day to solve our own. The faults we have within our own being, the weeds which choke out charity and hope and peace and love, are insurmountable. Our own tools are not sharp enough to cut through the dense overgrowth.

I (including what uniquely makes me me---my faith, my beliefs, my readings, my ideals, my observations) are not perfect. I am, in fact, uniquely flawed. So I keep weeding and cultivating, but I never get it quite right. God has to send many, many, many horticulturalist into my life to weed and cultivate me.

Still I remain flawed.

Still imperfect. Still uncultivated. Still no rosebuds. Still only a wildflower. Never a rose.


But...

And it's a huge BUT...

...God finds me where I am.

A weed among other weeds.
All imperfect. All flawed. All with various faiths, beliefs, readings, ideals, and observations.

But flowers nonetheless. Flowers which He chose to plant. Flowers under cultivation.


And He is the gardner.

That's good to know.

Comments

  1. Still imperfect. Still uncultivated. Still no rosebuds. Still only a wildflower. Never a rose.

    Isn't it amazing how you can be a horticulturist in my life just by acknowledging your own uncultivated wildflowerness?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter