The Beginnings of Our Atrium

Thank you to Oma for taking the pictures as my camera has been lost...and is only recently found.
* Wooden priest and vestments from By Way of the Family
* Hands-on Magnetic Rosary Board I bought locally (Abbeville, LA, I think)
* Jesse Tree (my son cut the board for this one)
* Baptismal doll in christening gown
* The Ten Commandment work station
* The Pearl of Great Price Parable display pieces
*Basket with birds and eggs in nest for meditation on this Scripture verse:
"As the sparrow finds a home and the swallow a nest to settle her young, My home is by your altars, LORD of hosts, my king and my God!" (Psalm 84:4)

and this one:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29-31)
* Minature Mass Kit from Our Father's House
* The Mass Explained to Children by Maria Montessori
Our church parish has been blessed to receive a learning space in which to create an Atrium for the hands-on, contemplative learning of our children. Our pastor, Fr. Jim, was so impressed with it at the open house that he gave permission for another room to be cleared out and beatified for this working area.

The very next day a gift was donated to our church parish for the Atrium. And it's truly a gift!

More pictures coming soon. Much more! But, first, we have some painting to do. ;-)

Comments

  1. Wonderful. (I've gotten spoiled with Facebook. wanted to hit the Like button. :) ).

    I didn't know about the Good Shepherd Program until my children were grown up, but I'm so impressed with whatever I hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter