Christmas Week Daybook

FOR TODAY... from Cay's Daybook
Outside my window... a beautiful golden December day marking the Winter Solstice. Longer days are here again!

I am hearing...Kayleigh's crutches and Annie's Christmas CD.

I am thinking...how sorry I am not to have the last two Mother's Missives up and ready for all you mothers to enjoy these last two Sundays of Advent. Sickness in my house and a newborn baby in the webmaster's house threw a candycane curve into the best-laid plans. But perhaps the two Sundays after Advent are more receptive and prayerful than these final weeks before a joyous birth. Yes?

I encourage those of you who haven't had a chance to check out the first two missives that this is a good week for quiet meditation...even if your house isn't quiet. It might be a good week to try: Hillside Education is offering them FREE

I am thankful for...all life's blessings, both big and small.

I am wearing...blue jeans, floral t-shirt, blue jacket, no earrings.

I am remembering...the birth of my littlest Gibson Girl eight yesterdays ago and wondering where all those yesterdays went.

This is my note to myself...Actually I'm making notes to myself on my sidebar for Advent...so my plans don't get lost under the tinsel and fake snow.

I am reading... cookbooks! Does that count?

I am creating...Christmas!

I am hoping...to rid the house of sickness before Christmas Day.

On my mind...the Christmas menu is upper-most.

From the learning rooms...We unintentionally discovered a 3 week holiday break. And then Chelsea got sick. That was unintentional too.

From the Advent/Christmas calendar...
  • It's Gingerbread Week! More on this later.
  • Other than putting the ornaments on the minature Advent tree and Advent calendar, our Advent plans have bombed. Chelsea has been very sick. I couldn't get an appointment for her on Friday so I anointed her head with damp rags, sponged her arms, administered fever-reducing meds, shot her up with nasal spray, and smeared salve under her nose. We made it through the weekend but the sleepless nights are catching up with those ornaments on the Advent tree.
My list this week...is on my sidebar:
  • Finish wrapping gifts
  • Finish mailing Christmas cards
  • Turn-up the Christmas music
Pondering these words...given to me on a small wooden magnet at last week's CCD class by a dear little girl:

"For God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16

From the kitchen...you don't realize how many friends you have until you look at your kitchen countertop and count the sweet treats delivered from them.

Christmas Day Menu:
Pork Roast & Spiral Ham
Rice Dressing (Oma)
Squash Dish (still pouring over recipes)
Tomato Florentine
Spinach and Artichoke Frittata
Rolls
Almond Pound Cake
Dessert (Oma)
Drinks (MawMaw Red)
Whatever Else We Gel Together this week. :-)

Around the house...lots of new birthday toys and joy around the house.

One of my favorite things...The Lake radio station which treats us to non-stop Christmas music 24-7 from Thanksgiving Day until Christmas Day.

I am praying...that my little girl gets better in time to have a Merry Christmas.

From my picture journal...

Annie playing with her new birthday gift: edible jewelry maker.

Not feeling too perky but never too big to sit on Daddy's lap.

Comments