Summer of Cousins Simple Daybook

This is my own Cajun Cottage version of the Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window...
"The day is done, and the darkness. Falls from the wings of Night." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I am thinking ...
Of how I'm going to get the creativity and energy I need to begin school this month!


I am thankful for...
My friends! Who invite me to a day-retreat, who drive me to a root beer float/swimming party, who drive me to the retreat, who make and present me w/ a CD of last year's co-op pictures, who pray for me, who takes my adoration hour for me.
From the schoolroom...
Do I need it? or do I just want to need it?
That is what I ponder as I clean-out cabinets and place orders.
From the kitchen...
We had the family over for BBQ today! What a great day!

I am wearing...
Black pants, brown loafers, white blouse
I am creating...
my talk for this weekend conference!

I am going...
to bed.


I am reading...
A Place Called Sweet Apple: Country Living and Southern Recipes by Celestine Sibley and, soon, Little Men by Louisa May Alcott in hopes that Jo March can inspire me with renewed creativity and energy for the coming school year.
I am hoping...
Kayleigh enjoys her European Tour to the fullest and returns home safely.

I am hearing...
The air-condition

I am praying...

Observing the Liturgical Calendar...
I have a lazy-susan. More on that later.
I am searching for a smaller planner.

Around the house...
One computer fixed. One laptop ordered. Other PC will be inspected tomorrow.
Still want to move computers and desks around.
I returned home from the Organizational Retreat a little wiser, more appreciative and full of practical help.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
It's another week of cousins in the summertime. What could be better?

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Annie admiring Colleen's adorable new baby boy.

Comments