August Smiles & Scholar Daybook

This is my own Cajun Cottage version of the Simple Woman's Daybook
Outside my Window
Pretty frosted-glass window.
I am thinking
...of how good our God is.

I am thankful for
Safe airplane flights and friends who watch over my daughter in Europe.
From the schoolroom
We have another meeting this week w/ an area pastor concerning use of their church facilities for our co-op. It's the most central location for everyone, houses everything our co-op needs. We really need a Catholic facility. Waiting, hoping, praying.
From the kitchen
Skillet of chicken, sausage, and pork w/ rice and gravy for Kayleigh's homecoming meal.
And a strawberry cake!
She said European food was good, but different and very expensive. She and Margaret shared lots of meals. Today's dish is all for her.
I am wearing
Striped capris, sleeveless green floral shirt, white cardigan. Barefeet. Freshly shampooed hair.
I am creating
Filing, transferring, recording in my new planner. I was in Houston yesterday and found a smaller-sized planner. I've used the 5.5 x 8.5 size forever and a day. Ms. Bernadette inspired me to downsize to the purse-size. I still prefer the zipper-style so nothing slips out. The insert sheets are not what I like or want but it's the 6-ring binder I was after.

I am going
Keeper's Club Planning Meeting & Birthday Party. Then home to cook!
I am reading
Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald...I believe I have found the perfect mother/daughter hospitality book.
I am hoping
To get a haircut for myself and the two younger girls this week. This was supposed to happen after dance recital. It didn't. Annie caught impetigo and we've been busy ever since. The start of the school season cries out for fresh haircuts.
I am hearing
Cereal being poured in a bowl.
I am praying
Fr. B will bless our group w/ permission to use St. John Bosco Church.
Observing the Liturgical Calendar
Annie's saint's feast day is tomorrow: St. Claire

Around the house
Must get ready to begin school next Monday.

One of my favorite things
Kayleigh safe and sound in her bed.
Looking at European monies.

A few plans for the rest of the week
Right when I thought it'd be a slow week, I found the days filling up like dishes in my dishwasher.
We still need to go school shopping.
One thing is for certain...Annie's Summer Un-Birthday/Water Party this Thursday! I promised her this back in the spring. She's our Christmas baby. Can you blame her? Can you blame me? lol ;-)

Here is picture thought I am sharing
My poolside view:

This quarter's Mater et Magistra is wonderful. All about college and math and a wonderful unit study by Alicia Van Hecke on The Phantom Tollbooth which we're definitely doing in our house this year.

Comments

  1. Oh Cay, Keaghan and I loved reading thru Raising Maidens of Virtue. I highly recommend it.

    See you guys tomorrow.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughtful Comments Matter